Please use the form below to get started.
Tax & Capital Gain Analysis
- Discuss Income Tax Act in relation to capital gains, business income and tax exemptions.
- Review methods of minimizing tax liabilities for investment properties.
- Review tax terminologies including cost base, adjusted cost base, capital cost allowance and capital depreciation.
Reinvestment of Proceeds Analysis
- Compare and contrast opportunity costs of disposition vs. holding of investment properties.
- Review and compare alternative methods for proceed re-investments.
- Discuss methods on minimizing tax liabilities at disposition.
Strategic Sales Option Consulting
- Review and compare alternative methods of disposition and associated risks/benefits.
- Generate estimated proceeds of sales through multiple sale methods.
- Set action plan with strict time periods for disposition.
- Review tax liabilities for each option.
Market Assessment & Comparable Sales Analysis
- Review and compare all methods of to value – comparison approach, cost approach and income approach.
- Conduct market review of sales history of similar properties.
- Perform financial analyses of GIM, cap rates and NOI of similar properties.
- Analyze market trends affecting value.
Residential & Commercial Tenancy Consulting
- Review Residential Tenancy Act.
- Discuss Rent-to-Own contracts and compare benefits/setbacks vs. normal tenancies.
- Discuss potential risks of income-producing properties in relation to tenants.
- Compare methods to maximize returns and relationships with prospective tenants.
- Structure of lease agreements.
Investment & Market Risk Analysis
- Analyze and review market trends affecting value including legislation, municipal by-laws, demographic changes and gentrification, social issues, income fluctuations and other considerations.
- Compare alternative properties and assign market risk factor to adjust ROI expectations accordingly.
Unpaid Judgement & Collection Consulting
- Discuss and review legal options of recouping rental arrears.
- Review policies and procedures of Landlord and Tenant Tribunal, serving of notices, Small Claims Court and Collection Agencies.
- Analyze and calculate estimated liabilities of tenant creditors.